CEEO Summer Coordinator for K-8 Design and Engineering Workshops
Application – for applying: https://forms.gle/g4psuyZDH9UJVMeR7
Application Deadline: April 3, 2023
Tufts Center for Engineering Education and Outreach (CEEO) runs summer programs for students entering 1st through 9th grade. There are two workshops that happen at the same time and a series of different tasks involved with making those workshops run efficiently. We are looking for a summer employee who will be responsible for all of the behind the scenes work to make this operation run smoothly. Tasks will include preparation of registration materials, early morning check in (8AM) each Monday, communication with parents regarding registration and daily updates on workshop progress, ordering lunch, scheduling teaching assistant (TA) shifts and covering shifts when needed, taking photos and uploading them, and other tasks needed to make sure the workshops are successful.
If you decide this is the job for you, you are punctual, patient, self motivated, have good customer service, work well independently and with others, and proficient with email, google spreadsheets, and other basic microsoft office products.
Salary range is between $20-$30 depending on experience.
Start date varies in June 2023 but must be available June 26th through August 4th 2023
- Organize and format registration for each workshop
- Check in and check out students during registration process
- Communication to parents
- Email before workshop
- Email each day of learning goals from the day
- Take photos
- Order lunch
- Support Student Management
- Talking with participants who are upset or need a break
- Parent concerns – be the “adult” or person in charge on site
- Experience in customer service
- Experience with kids
- Experience with organizing events
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Background check
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Must be on site and available M-F 8AM-5PM between June 23 through August 4 with option to start the job around June 21st.
Tufts CEEO is committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Justice (DEIJ) and has a strong dedication to sustainability initiatives.
We work to hire a diverse team at Tufts CEEO and are actively seeking students who are under-represented in higher education. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristics. To read more about our DEIJ Action Plan, check out our DEIJ website: https://sites.tufts.edu/ceeodeij/
Tufts CEEO is also a certified green office and functions in an environmentally friendly manner in accordance with green office policy and procedures.