The Associate Director, Leadership & Planned Giving is responsible for securing $1-$5 million per year in leadership gifts ($50,000+) to support the Museum’s strategic initiatives. The position will build a major gift pipeline that creates a sustainable philanthropy stream for Museum of Science’s unrestricted and restricted giving. The Associate Director also acts as an ambassador and spokesperson for the Museum, interacting with a wide array of individuals from Presidents/CEOs to Museum volunteers.
- Raise between $1-5 million annually
- Raise Annual Fund and Gala (unrestricted) 5 and 6 figure gifts annually
- Dedicate 70% of job to donor cultivation, engagement, solicitation
- Complete 120 leadership gift plans for assigned prospect pool annually
- Design and execute 25-30 leadership gift solicitation annually
- Complete approximately 15-20 significant donor interactions a month
This position is full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday – Friday.
Sr. Director, Leadership & Planned Giving
- Bachelors of Science or Arts degree
- Seven (7) years or more of major gifts fundraising experience
- Proven track record of soliciting and securing 6 and 7 figure gifts
- Demonstrated understanding of major gift best practices including adherence to an accountability matrix and pipeline development
- Demonstrated ability to engage and cultivate new institutional prospects
- Proven communication skills – both written and verbal
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with others
Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
June 07, 2016
Leave a Reply