These resources will get you started grading various types of assessments —
Canvas has a useful Grading tool called SpeedGrader for marking up and commenting on student work. Learn more . . .
Grading Student Work
Grading Student Work (Vanderbilt)
Grading Written Assignments
Grading Written Assignments (Tufts)
Grading with Rubrics
A rubric, in it’s essence, is a tool containing a limited number of carefully chosen criteria which are used to assess student learning on a given assignment. Rubrics are efficient for communicating performance expectations and giving students feedback on the elements that comprise their grade.
- The Use of Rubrics in Grading (Grand Canyon University)
- Types of Rubrics (DePaul University)
- Creating a Rubric (University of Colorado, Denver)
- Getting Started with Rubrics (UC Berkeley)
- Rubistar – website for developing a rubric using a template specific to your discipline
Grading Lab Reports
Sample Laboratory Report Rubrics (University of Michigan)