In celebration of African American History Month the library is highlighting biographies and autobiographies about African American physicians.
You can find these books and more on Sackler 4th floor.
Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story by Ben Carson M.D.
|“Dr. Ben Carson is known around the world for breakthroughs in neurosurgery that have brought hope where no hope existed. In ‘Gifted Hands’, he tells of his inspiring odyssey from his childhood in inner-city Detroit to his position as director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions at age thirty-three. Taking you into the operating room where he has saved countless lives, Ben Carson is a role model for anyone who attempts the seemingly impossible” –Cover, p. 4.|
Do you have any book suggestions? Let us know what we should buy! Make a book recommendation here!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Expanding our free services for you! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/KYaOn4qjP4 about 15 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @bbchealth: India transfusions infect many with HIV https://t.co/2exfFvn22j about 18 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Reuters_Health: Dr. Heimlich had to use his namesake maneuver for the first time this week - aged 92. https://t.co/tnfBVl4e87 https://t… 02:37:43 PM May 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BBC News - Zika crisis: Rio Olympics 'should be moved or postponed' https://t.co/rQ4FCaQoHd 02:04:22 PM May 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Is Virginia Health Insurer's Decision To Drop Bronze Plans An Omen? https://t.co/h8FPmhZ6nn 01:21:02 PM May 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Major US study links cellphone exposure to cancer — at least in rats https://t.co/oZ8IvFiTrx via @statnews 09:12:48 AM May 27, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook