In celebration of African American History Month the library is highlighting biographies and autobiographies about African American physicians.
You can find these books and more on Sackler 4th floor.
Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story by Ben Carson M.D.
|“Dr. Ben Carson is known around the world for breakthroughs in neurosurgery that have brought hope where no hope existed. In ‘Gifted Hands’, he tells of his inspiring odyssey from his childhood in inner-city Detroit to his position as director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions at age thirty-three. Taking you into the operating room where he has saved countless lives, Ben Carson is a role model for anyone who attempts the seemingly impossible” –Cover, p. 4.|
Do you have any book suggestions? Let us know what we should buy! Make a book recommendation here!
Tags4th floor 6th floor Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases dental eBooks electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours food fun lab HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours library service desk library staff lunch match day new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review staff stress relief summer therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month writing consultants
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Have a pollen allergy? Check out these tips from experts including @TuftsMedSchool Prof Weihong Zheng: http://t.co/niL… about 7 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We've got new books! What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/DK2Drvn2wU about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NatGeo: What do you get when you cross a kangaroo, koala, sloth, monkey and bear? http://t.co/k3Q78Rugoi about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NaturlLibrarian: 13 Beautifully Unusual Libraries From Around The World http://t.co/avzLq4876V via @HuffPostArts 02:13:59 PM May 04, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The FindIt@Tufts icon has now been restored to PubMed. Happy researching! 10:52:20 AM May 04, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The FindIt@Tufts icon is temporarily absent from your PubMed search. If you need assistance obtaining an article please contact us. 10:30:44 AM May 04, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook