A few weeks back we asked faculty to participate in a survey about impressions of open access scholarly literature, that is, literature which is digital, online, free of charge, and free of most copyright and licensing restrictions. A big thank you to everyone who responded to the Tufts Scholarly Communication Team survey. A similar survey was also conducted in the fall of 2011. As promised, here are some quick numbers from both the 2011 and 2013 editions…
|2011 (n=119)||2013 (n=155)|
|Favor a “Harvard-like” OA deposit mandate at Tufts||88%||89%|
|Would publish OA if didn’t have to pay personally||81%||86%|
|Would publish OA if available in their field||75%||80%|
|Know OA journals are peer-reviewed||58%||64%|
|Know about the pilot project POAF||36%||33%|
|Published in an OA journal in the Directory of Open Access Journals||22%||25%|
|Know they can often put pre-prints on Tufts websites||NA||21%|
|Paid author fees to publish in an OA journal||11%||13%|
View more Open Access Faculty Awareness Survey results!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @DrPatrickWebb: Orion Kobayashi shares students' thoughts on evidenced actions for #nutrition with the world. @TuftsNutrition @Dmozaffar… 10:40:50 AM December 02, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Why has nursing recently become such a dangerous job? https://t.co/buwUG6ZxBG 10:04:24 AM December 02, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A Place to Be Heard https://t.co/SRUhiZFpgu 09:45:13 AM December 02, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A Dose of a Hallucinogen From a ‘Magic Mushroom,’ and Then Lasting Peace https://t.co/sBmrp0naaL 09:29:40 AM December 02, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BBC News - Parkinson's disease 'may start in gut' https://t.co/sNsgjpbwCy 08:22:51 AM December 02, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Don’t Toss the Floss! - NIH News in Health, November 2016 https://t.co/pwl7qPcKP5 02:03:19 PM December 01, 2016 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook