Hirsh Health Sciences Library is excited to announce that we will go live with our new website on Sunday, December 20th. The old website will no longer be accessible at this point. We spent the past year revamping our branding, designing, and developing the site.
Here are some features we’re excited about :
- The new website has a more enhanced user experience for mobile devices.
- The most popular links, including PubMed and UpToDate, will still be at users’ fingertips within the Quick Links section.
- Users can view the latest hours for the Café with a link to the menu for the week.
- The new website includes the added “Available Technology” feature with the number of items available for checkout in real time.
To access our new website navigate to: http://hirshlibrary.tufts.edu.
We welcome all feedback! You can share your experience here .
We’re excited to announce that the Hirsh Library has achieved Gold Level in the Office of Sustainability’s Green Office Certification Program! The Program supports, promotes, and recognizes Tufts offices that are engaging in sustainable practices. We received our plaque at a special awards ceremony with President Monaco on January 8th in recognition for completing the certification as part of a 15-week challenge that ran from August through November.
Sustainability is important to us at Hirsh–in fact, we started off the challenge with a Bronze level qualification–and we are pleased to be continually improving our practices.
After 15 years of providing excellent service to the Tufts health sciences campus, we bid a fond farewell to Eileen Moyer, who retired earlier this month.
As an Information Services Librarian, Eileen provided invaluable research assistance and instruction to users on the Boston campus. Eileen helped design the current HHSL web site and was deeply committed to helping students become savvy users of information technology.
In addition to her work at HHSL, Eileen advocates for the humane treatment of greyhound race dogs and serves as volunteer for Greyhound Friends.
Eileen, we wish you a fabulous retirement! Thank you!
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @LillyMusicLib: It's OA (Open Access) Week! Where is your fave place to find free music for projects? Here's one of ours: https://t.co/a… about 1 hour ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Our Top 10 Reasons to Publish #OpenAccess | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/pyg71yvtXx about 3 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- To celebrate #OpenAccessWeek, come create a button or magnet using public domain images! At the library service des… https://t.co/0maUjY0uZx about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy #OpenAccessWeek! #oaweek16 https://t.co/tbsEtFBqGk about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BOS311: Early voting starts today and ends Nov 4! Find a location near you: https://t.co/0nx8ZaXQNq #VoteEarlyBoston https://t.co/Ru4Zm… about 7 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We got more pumpkins! Come and paint! https://t.co/UtAqDkt9kj 12:05:25 PM October 21, 2016 from Twitter for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook