“At CIERP I’m able to participate in cutting edge practical research on environmental issues, but at the same time have discussions about the Israel-Palestine conflict, the partitioning of Sudan, or microfinance in Bangladesh. The diversity of interests and backgrounds is mind-numbing.”
— Kartikeya Singh, PhD, Former Junior Research Fellow, CIERP
Learning at CIERP takes place both inside and outside the classroom. Each year we offer courses at the Master’s and PhD levels as part of the International Environment and Resource Policy field, which attracts about 15-20% of Fletcher’s students.
We have formal ties with high level practitioners (Professors of Practice) and with colleagues in other departments and universities, and we support both pre- and post-doctoral research fellowships. Our scholars are often engaged in local, state, national, and international policy development, negotiations, and implementation. Students gain experience by working with these scholars on projects that apply their classroom studies to practical problems.
Our students come from across the globe and bring a wide range of international professional experience, and upon graduation move into more senior positions spanning the public, private, and non-profit sectors.
Please visit The Fletcher School admissions page for more information about degree options and applying to Fletcher, or see the sidebar options to the left for more information about education and opportunities in the international environment and resource policy field.
IERP Field of Study Courses
- DHP P250 Environmental Problem Solving
- ILO L222 Law of the Sea
- ILO L223 International Environmental Law
- ILO L240 Legal and Institutional Aspects of International Trade
- ILO L254 / DHPP254 Climate Change Policy and Law
- DHP D205 Global Maritime Affairs: International Trade, Security, Energy and Environmental Issues at Sea
- DHP D241 Climate and Migration
- DHP P251 Energy, Entrepreneurship, and Finance
- DHP P253 Sustainable Development Diplomacy
- DHP P254 / ILOL254 Climate Change Policy and Law
- DHP P255 International Energy Policy
- DHP P256 Innovation for Sustainable Prosperity (not offered 2021)
- DHP P257 Corporate Management of Environmental Issues
- Global Water Security Perspectives (new)
- EIB E240 Development Economics: Macroeconomic Perspectives
- EIB E243 Agriculture and Rural Development in Developing Countries
- EIB E245 Econometric Impact Evaluation for Public Policy and Social Programs
- EIB E246 Environmental Economics
- EIB E248 Agriculture and Environment
- EIB B252 Corporate Social Responsibility in an Age of Globalization
- Climate Change Economics (new, cross-listed with Tufts Economics)