Conveying the severe and devastating consequences of the climate crisis, Al Gore presented both obstacles and sources of optimism in confronting these dangers. The former Vice President was hosted at Tufts on February 8 by the Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life as part of its Distinguished Speaker Series. Moderating the discussion was Professor Kelly Sims Gallagher, who spoke about how she drew inspiration for her work on climate policy from Al Gore early on. The discussion covered such topics as climate science, technology, civic engagement, political will, and climate refugees.
Watch the full video of the event here.
Follow the links below to read and watch the media coverage of this event:
- Tufts Now article on the event: “Anger and Hope on Climate Change”
- Boston Globe Interview with Al Gore
- New England’s News Station NECN with a video report and interview with Al Gore
- Bloomberg’s special radio show on climate change featuring interviews with Al Gore, Fletcher School Dean James Stavridis, Professor Kelly Sims Gallagher, and others.
- Tufts Daily Front Page Article: