Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The Exhibit Maintenance Technician is responsible for the maintenance, repair and installation of exhibits and exhibit components throughout the museum utilizing skills in mechanical, electro-mechanical, woodworking areas. Perform daily rounds of exhibit areas and exhibit components to ensure they are working properly and provide on the spot repairs when damage is found and report all existing or potential problems. Assists senior technicians with development and production of technical components within exhibits. Assist other technicians in the performance of their duties, including inspection rounds, exhibit installations, lighting and other tasks as needed.
- Work with members of the Exhibit Maintenance team to maintain over 230,000 square feet of exhibit hall space
- Maintain and inspect over 1,200 exhibits, related graphics and artifacts of which over 500 are interactive
- Daily preparation and shutdown of exhibit halls
- Potential hazardous working situations – chemicals, shop equipment, heights over 35 feet
- 40 hour work week including one weekend day, most holidays and overtime as required
- Assist 10 or more departments throughout the museum by providing technical support for events, functions and other Museum activities
This position is full-time, 40 hours/week, Sunday – Thursday, from 8:30am – 5:30pm, including most holidays and overtime as required.
Manager, Exhibit Production & Maintenance
- Two (2) or more years of general maintenance and/or mechanical and electro-mechanical.
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools
- Knowledge of basic mechanical & electro-mechanical fundamentals and the ability to trace and correct faults in systems by utilizing test equipment and prior training and experience.
- An understanding of mechanical and physical principles and the ability to apply them in maintenance and repair situations.
Non-Exempt (Hourly). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, non-exempt (hourly) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 15 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
January 25, 2016