It’s a new academic year here at Tufts’ Health Sciences Campus and the HHSL is piloting a new service model. You may have noticed that early in the mornings or late in the afternoons we only have one person on the service desk. Or perhaps you’ve noticed a lack of familiar librarian faces on the 4th floor.
Never fear! The HHSL librarians are alive and well and ready to serve you still!
This year we are piloting a service model where the librarians are largely “on call” – much like our resident and doctor patrons. If you need help from a librarian, please come to the 4th floor desk and the librarian on call will be happy to assist you. (It is not an inconvenience when a patron asks for help – it’s our job and we love to do it!)
You can also email, call, or chat with a librarian if you can’t come see us in the library.
Due to Match Day Celebrations for our 2014 School of Medicine graduates, the library service desk will be closed from 11am-2pm today. The Food 4 Thought Cafe will be closed all day. However, the library building is open normal hours, so feel free to study on floors 5-7. Congratulations to all of our TUSM ’14 students!
Becky comes to us from Boston University, with a degree in Information Management and Preservation from the University of Glasgow, Scotland. Here at Hirsh she’ll be running the Reserve collection, but she also has a strong interest in archiving, particularly with digital collections. She also is a photography volunteer for the Nave Gallery of Somerville, and has been recruited as the photographer here at our library.
Becky will be working Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursday – Saturday, so feel free to come say hi! If you have any questions for her regarding the library as a whole or our Reserves collection in particular, she can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 617.636.2454.
Welcome, Becky. It’s good to have you here!
This Saturday, May 18, the Service Desk on the 4th floor will be closed, as there is a reception for graduates that will be taking place.
We at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library would like to wish a hearty congratulations to all of the students graduating this weekend! They all put a stupendous amount of work into their degrees, and deserve every bit of adulation.
We’d also like to offer a special congrats to the graduates who have been working here at HHSL: Mikhael Andaya, Shugufa Basij-Rasikh, Joseph Ogbonna, and Sharda Patel. Thank you for all of your hard work and help, and we wish you the best of luck in your future careers!
Have a good weekend, and congratulations again!
Say Hello to the library’s new Evening/Weekend Library Coordinator, Tom Quinn!
He’s the night owl of the Library Service Desk. You can find him at the desk from 12-8p on Sundays and 3-11p Monday through Thursday, ready to help you find your post-dinner articles, books, and even skulls. You can also always reach him at email@example.com, or at 617.636.0421.
Tags4th floor african american history Ask Leo book review book talk celebration circulation congratulations copyright databases electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch medical school mobile apps new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @NatGeo: Friday Fact: You can see autumn leaves from Space. about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Meet the newest member of our Circulation staff! http://t.co/aFNBeEpPoj about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This mysterious masked feline has delivered a hoard of gourds! Stop by the 4th flr desk from 3-4pm to decorate one! http://t.co/phddFtAjwZ about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: See, Test & Treat to provide free #breastcancer & #cervicalcancer screenings to uninsured, underserved women TOMORROW … about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Congrats! RT @sweetfoodie How Doing Dishes Can Help You Lose Weight - my first article for the Huffington Post!... http://t.co/ZTocI3teSt about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Guest post by Judy Rabinowitz: Open vs. Public Access: What's the Difference? | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/RDw9YX9cJ3 #OpenAccessWeek2014 about 11 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook