It’s a new academic year here at Tufts’ Health Sciences Campus and the HHSL is piloting a new service model. You may have noticed that early in the mornings or late in the afternoons we only have one person on the service desk. Or perhaps you’ve noticed a lack of familiar librarian faces on the 4th floor.
Never fear! The HHSL librarians are alive and well and ready to serve you still!
This year we are piloting a service model where the librarians are largely “on call” – much like our resident and doctor patrons. If you need help from a librarian, please come to the 4th floor desk and the librarian on call will be happy to assist you. (It is not an inconvenience when a patron asks for help – it’s our job and we love to do it!)
You can also email, call, or chat with a librarian if you can’t come see us in the library.
Due to Match Day Celebrations for our 2014 School of Medicine graduates, the library service desk will be closed from 11am-2pm today. The Food 4 Thought Cafe will be closed all day. However, the library building is open normal hours, so feel free to study on floors 5-7. Congratulations to all of our TUSM ’14 students!
Becky comes to us from Boston University, with a degree in Information Management and Preservation from the University of Glasgow, Scotland. Here at Hirsh she’ll be running the Reserve collection, but she also has a strong interest in archiving, particularly with digital collections. She also is a photography volunteer for the Nave Gallery of Somerville, and has been recruited as the photographer here at our library.
Becky will be working Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursday – Saturday, so feel free to come say hi! If you have any questions for her regarding the library as a whole or our Reserves collection in particular, she can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 617.636.2454.
Welcome, Becky. It’s good to have you here!
This Saturday, May 18, the Service Desk on the 4th floor will be closed, as there is a reception for graduates that will be taking place.
We at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library would like to wish a hearty congratulations to all of the students graduating this weekend! They all put a stupendous amount of work into their degrees, and deserve every bit of adulation.
We’d also like to offer a special congrats to the graduates who have been working here at HHSL: Mikhael Andaya, Shugufa Basij-Rasikh, Joseph Ogbonna, and Sharda Patel. Thank you for all of your hard work and help, and we wish you the best of luck in your future careers!
Have a good weekend, and congratulations again!
Say Hello to the library’s new Evening/Weekend Library Coordinator, Tom Quinn!
He’s the night owl of the Library Service Desk. You can find him at the desk from 12-8p on Sundays and 3-11p Monday through Thursday, ready to help you find your post-dinner articles, books, and even skulls. You can also always reach him at email@example.com, or at 617.636.0421.
Tags4th floor african american history book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- TBBC Event: Nuts and Bolts of Life Sciences Consulting on Wed Oct 1 at 4:30 in M&V412. Pizza served! http://t.co/83HOmw1CmR about 19 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Under10 Lunch Spotlight: Viga Italian Eatery & Caterer | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/fhk6Tpn2H5 about 3 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Concerns about new bug in the news Enterovirus D68? Check out the facts from @CDCgov. http://t.co/yLEiMNYhev about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: Vaccine Controversies Are As Social As They Are Medical http://t.co/jFZbWRX5TF about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Daily Dose of mind-numbing cuteness: Marmosets Find Videos Educational. http://t.co/L6ISF89XSe about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NPRHealth: A Doctor Unlocks Mysteries of the Brain By Talking And Watching http://t.co/1rc5a15ZoG 09:33:12 AM September 29, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook