Job title: Head Boys Counselor at Windridge Tennis and Sports Camp, Vermont
Job description: Oversee and manage counselors (specifically male staff) in their duties making sure that they are taking care of their campers and providing a safe and nurturing environment for children to develop at camp. Responsibilities throughout the day involve:
- Monitoring camper supervision
- Setting time off assignments
- Making daily meal time announcements
- Inspecting cabins
As head boys counselor you will be the main person to deal with and provide counselors with support on any camper issues (i.e. homesickness, bullying, parental update requests etc.). Other duties may include:
- Run and assist evening activities with other management staff
- Keeping track of birthdays
- Creating laundry schedules
- Assign buddy cabins and night off groups
If you would like more information please contact Elizabeth Bremner at email@example.com or head to our website (Overnight Sports Camps for Kids — Windridge Tennis & Sports Camps (windridgecamps.com) and complete a staff application.
Apply to be a Project Coordinator! This is a temporary position affiliated with the Tang Institute, an on-campus ideas lab at Phillips Academy (Andover, MA) dedicated to strengthening teaching and learning at our school and beyond.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide pedagogical support and research for Tang Fellow projects. This may include collaborating with faculty, developing and revising curricular materials, researching external educational institutions, and surveying the educational literature and landscape for relevant projects. A background in DEI work is of particular interest here.
- Help design assessment metrics for Tang Institute projects
- Document and capture learning of past Tang Institute projects in a manner that can be easily shared with internal and external stakeholders
- Beginning March 2023, Provide significant program coordination for the Workshop, a term-long experiential learning project: manage the Mastery Transcript process, support student research and learning, coordinate alumni guest speakers and help lead off-campus learning opportunities
- As needed, drive students to off-campus research sites in academy-owned transportation and chaperone them for the duration of their stay
- Provide relevant project coordination for Workshop 10, a pilot version of the Workshop for 10th graders
- As needed, help with the preparation of visual materials such as pamphlets, brochures, and presentations
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 5-7 years of classroom teaching experience and a graduate degree
- The ability to offer ongoing pedagogical coaching and support to Tang projects
- Demonstrated background in DEI work
- Capacity to help develop Tang Institute project assessment framework in collaboration with the Director of the Tang Institute and other members of the Andover community, especially the Assistant Head of School for Analytic Support and Assessment
- Background in teacher coaching and professional development
- Strong writing, research, and interview skills
- Strong organizational skills
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- This person will drive students in Phillips Academy-owned vehicles, especially during the spring term of 2023. An up-to-date driver’s license is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, interest in related topics a plus
- Three to five years’ experience with project coordination or other supportive and administrative roles
- Basic research capacity, technical experience, and interest a plus
As the COVID-19 pandemic persists, our top priority is safety. Accordingly, the Academy will require, subject to disability and religious accommodation exceptions under federal and state law, that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Phillips Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Any offers of employment will be contingent upon successful CORI/SORI, ADP authorization form (for RMV record), and fingerprinting background checks, as well as unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
To apply, visit https://andover.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=890.