You now have complete access to the NEW Diversity & Culture in Healthcare eBook Collection from OVID! HHSL’s acquisition of this eBook collection was funded by the Hirsh family.
Issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion in healthcare are of utmost importance —This valuable collection contains the below titles in support of this key area of medical education and practice, to allow for well-informed, culturally sensitive healthcare:
- The Diversity Promise: Success in Academic Surgery and Medicine Through Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Migration, Ethnicity, Race, and Health in Multicultural Societies
- Forensic Social Work: Psychosocial and Legal Issues Across Diverse Populations and Settings
- Health Care Politics, Policy, and Services: A Social Justice Analysis
- Public Health Ethics and the Social Determinants of Health
- LGBTQ Cultures: What Health Care Professionals Need to Know About Sexual and Gender Diversity
- Let’s Talk Vaccines: A Clinician’s Guide to Addressing Vaccine Hesitancy and Saving Lives
- Public Health Nutrition: Rural, Urban, and Global Community-Based Practice
You now have full access to the following two physiotherapy collections from McGraw-Hill Medical: the AccessPhysiotherapy and F.A. Davis PT Collection. These collections include clinical textbooks, cases, and review preps:
“AccessPhysiotherapy (APT) is an online medical resource that provides students with the tools they need to excel in basic and advanced studies and crucial test prep. APT provides students and residents with interactive content, self-assessment, and leading medical texts to enhance decision-making at the point-of-care. It allows for practicing physical therapists to brush up on their medical knowledge to ensure best patient outcomes.”
“The F.A. Davis PT Collection on AccessPhysiotherapy is the most comprehensive digital subscription product on the market for educators and physical therapy students. This partnership between F.A. Davis and McGraw-Hill Education brings you a comprehensive online PT resource that covers the entire spectrum of physical therapy–for viewing on any device.”
Here is a quick update on newly acquired eBooks that are now ready for use. A mixed bag of valuable and important titles which needed to be highlighted. Hope there is one that interests you. As always, if there is a book we don’t have that you think should be in our collection, please let us know by recommending a purchase.
Elsevier’s ClinicalKey has several features which bring information quickly to your fingertips!
Search within a book
- You can search ClinicalKey’s E-book collection by title after you navigate to the “Books” section.
- Once you’re in a book, such as “Robbins Basic Pathology,” you can choose to search within the text.
- This feature will allow you to find the specific piece of a book you’re looking for!
Tags4th floor affiliation books Boston circulation crafts electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab funlab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holiday hours holidays hours leisure reading library fun lab library service desk library staff new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops reserves resources staff statistics summer survey tea Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome! writing consultants writing help
Follow us @TuftsHHSL!