Have you heard about Google Glass?
The newest innovation from Google allows you to record, photograph, and view your world – hands free. You can share what you are seeing and experiencing in real time.
Timothy Aungst, PharmD recently shared his ideas about Google Glass and healthcare for iMedicalApps. One scenario is the ability for first responders to live stream from the scene of an accident to the Emergency Department so they can determine the status and trauma of the patient and prepare for their arrival. Read more innovative ideas in the iMedicalApps post.
Have you noticed the new SHARP digital whiteboard in Sackler 502?
By plugging a thumb drive into the USB port on the wall, you can pull up documents, PDFs or presentations and easily add notes and highlighting. Use your fingers to underline, make diagrams and highlight key points during group study sessions and save the modifications back to your USB drive to review later. Here’s a brief demo video to introduce you to the board and its capabilities.
InfoComm 2011: Sharp Electronic Demos Its Digital Interactive Whiteboard by RaVe Producitons, via their YouTube channel
And if you’re not sure you understand how to use it, don’t worry! The instructions are posted on the wall to the right of the screen. The Library IT Service Desk is also available to contact Educational Media should problems arise.
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Some tips from @TuftsNow on how to judge whether nutrition advice is sound or not http://t.co/FkHSoZVWbh about 7 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Another story involving twins today! In March, doctors @TuftsMedicalCtr delivered healthy twins almost a month apart! http://t.co/EONczefPUD about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @UnionSqDonuts: Want great seats to the sox game tonight? Shop @BosPublicMarket @HelloGreenway 136 Blackstone St today from 11-3 for a c… about 11 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Interesting story from @nprscience: children's drawings at 4yrs may give insight into their thinking skills at 14 http://t.co/Oug9cZxt71 about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsCSDD: In Boston on Aug. 25th? Don't miss the free event hosted by Tufts CSDD and @ManhattanInst http://t.co/fJugV6lOtl http://t.co… about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @stefaniei: I yawn. You yawn. Animals and babies yawn. One possible reason why: Our brains are too hot. http://t.co/A85E0khwDD http://t.… 03:57:33 PM August 19, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook