Please join us giving a warm welcome to our new Collections Assistant, Sia Samiean!
Sia studied Art History and Painting at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts and Tufts University for three years, but ultimately graduated from Laguna College of Art and Design in California with a Bachelor’s in Painting and Illustration. After five years as a Lead Bookseller for Barnes & Noble, he went on to Harvard Widener Library to assist with the “Smart-Barcoding” Project. He then worked for the Internet Archive based in the Boston Public Library as a Book Digitizing Operator with a principal focus on digitizing the John Adams Library. Most recently, he worked as an Inventory Control Manager for Crate and Barrel. We’re so happy to have him as a member of our staff!
You may have noticed a new face at the Library Service Desk this fall, but we realized we never formally introduced her to you! So please join us in welcoming Stephanie Krauss, our new part-time reference assistant. She is a recent graduate of the College of William & Mary with a bachelor’s in history and anthropology. In addition to working at Hirsh, she is currently pursuing a master’s of library and information science and a master’s in history at Simmons. She says she’s super excited to be working here and, likewise, we’re super excited to have her!
The Hirsh Health Sciences Library is happy to see all the new and returning students to the Health Sciences Campus! Stop by the Library Service Desk on Sackler 4 and say “Hello”. Ask us for assistance on your toughest research questions or where you should eat lunch! Have a great semester.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals recipes resources staff statistics stress relief summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library Under10 website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @NYTHealth: Germs in the subway are the harmless kind https://t.co/Sz7p3hDMGz about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Putting Breast Cancer on a Diet https://t.co/lHJhMUCPfO via @nytimeswell about 15 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Do you have any plans for 4th of July Weekend? We have some ideas for you! | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/Og55ivrGOI about 16 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- An N.Y.U. Study Gone Wrong, and a Top Researcher Dismissed https://t.co/nKNgscPpov about 17 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Did you know that #TaiChi can help alleviate knee pain? Read more about the new Tufts study: https://t.co/B0LIJEPfvr #… about 17 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @AHRQNews: "Undermining a small but important federal health agency is a dangerous gamble" by @MLMillenson via @statnews https://t.co/Uo… about 18 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook