A very warm welcome to all of our new students! We hope that classes are off to a good start and that you are making yourself comfortable and getting into a good routine. The library can answer any questions you might still have so just stop by the desk and ask!
If orientation seems like a blur, here are some of the more salient points about the library:
- You can check things out! Laptops, phone chargers, skulls, models, and more! Oh, and books of course.
- Librarians are here to help! And each school has their own liaison librarian- do you know who your librarian is?
- The library has Open Workshops throughout the school year so you can learn new skills.
- The library also hosts fun events, just so you can have fun.
- Printing is done by adding money (Jumbocash) to your student I.D. card. $0.10/page B&W, $0.15/page double-sided, and $0.30/page for color.
- The IT desk can help with many tech issues you might have and can install software on your computer.
- Ask away! That’s what we at the library service desk are here for.
We look forward to seeing you around the library!
Please join us in extending a warm welcome to Amanda Nevius, our new Research & Instruction librarian! Amanda joins us from just about a mile down the road–she was previously an Education and Information Services Librarian at the Boston University Medical Campus. When she’s not at work, she enjoys running, mountain biking, and camping, as well as cooking and crafting. She also writes fiction and runs a book blog!
Amanda is excited to be joining the staff here at Hirsh, where she’ll be the primary outreach liaison to the Dental school. If you see her around the library, be sure to say hello!
A big hello from the Hirsh Health Sciences Library to all the new residents starting this summer! We’re looking forward to helping you with any research questions or information needs that you might have.
A quick reminder about library access: at library orientation, you were given a temporary access number. Keep your eyes peeled for a letter from Tufts that will include your Tufts username! That will be your permanent way of accessing library resources from off-campus.
Did you miss your letter, or have questions about setting up your Tufts username and password? Contact Tufts Technology Services at 617-627-3376 or at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be able to assist you.
Please join us giving a warm welcome to our new Collections Assistant, Sia Samiean!
Sia studied Art History and Painting at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts and Tufts University for three years, but ultimately graduated from Laguna College of Art and Design in California with a Bachelor’s in Painting and Illustration. After five years as a Lead Bookseller for Barnes & Noble, he went on to Harvard Widener Library to assist with the “Smart-Barcoding” Project. He then worked for the Internet Archive based in the Boston Public Library as a Book Digitizing Operator with a principal focus on digitizing the John Adams Library. Most recently, he worked as an Inventory Control Manager for Crate and Barrel. We’re so happy to have him as a member of our staff!
You may have noticed a new face at the Library Service Desk this fall, but we realized we never formally introduced her to you! So please join us in welcoming Stephanie Krauss, our new part-time reference assistant. She is a recent graduate of the College of William & Mary with a bachelor’s in history and anthropology. In addition to working at Hirsh, she is currently pursuing a master’s of library and information science and a master’s in history at Simmons. She says she’s super excited to be working here and, likewise, we’re super excited to have her!
The Hirsh Health Sciences Library is happy to see all the new and returning students to the Health Sciences Campus! Stop by the Library Service Desk on Sackler 4 and say “Hello”. Ask us for assistance on your toughest research questions or where you should eat lunch! Have a great semester.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation coffee copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop portals publishing recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome!
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @LillyMusicLib: It's OA (Open Access) Week! Where is your fave place to find free music for projects? Here's one of ours: https://t.co/a… about 5 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Our Top 10 Reasons to Publish #OpenAccess | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/pyg71yvtXx about 7 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- To celebrate #OpenAccessWeek, come create a button or magnet using public domain images! At the library service des… https://t.co/0maUjY0uZx about 8 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy #OpenAccessWeek! #oaweek16 https://t.co/tbsEtFBqGk about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BOS311: Early voting starts today and ends Nov 4! Find a location near you: https://t.co/0nx8ZaXQNq #VoteEarlyBoston https://t.co/Ru4Zm… about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We got more pumpkins! Come and paint! https://t.co/UtAqDkt9kj 12:05:25 PM October 21, 2016 from Twitter for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook