Mike Carmon (Director of Programs) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job is open until filled; Candidates to start immediately
About White Mountain Science, Inc.
Check out this video to learn more about WMSI and our mission! White Mountain Science, Inc. (WMSI – pronounced ‘whimsy’), develops and delivers highly engaging and fun STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) programs with the goal of teaching creative problem solving to students and teachers.
WMSI is seeking a caring, enthusiastic problem-solver! WMSI develops and delivers hands-on STEM programs all around New Hampshire and northeastern Vermont. A Program Instructor independently facilitates hands-on, educational STEM programs for students 3-5 days per week in northern New Hampshire and Vermont locations. This Instructor’s primary focus is working with school teachers to provide high quality school-day and after-school STEM education for elementary school students, as well as some middle and high school students. Mentorship of high school students in an effort to train them as assistant instructors is also an integral part of the Instructor role. This position involves an active role in lesson prep and driving a van to multiple locations within 1.5 hours of base in Littleton to facilitate programs. Office hours spent organizing teaching materials, assistance in the creation and evaluation of engaging lessons, creating documentation for future instructors, and additional office tasks are also included in this position.
Duties Will Include:
- Regular facilitation of off-site and on-site STEM-based youth programs, camps & workshops for primarily elementary school students, as well as some middle and high school students
- Support with STEM-based teacher coaching and professional development workshops
- Training and mentorship of high school youth instructors
- Organization & maintenance of program-related resources & equipment
- Regular communications with teachers and other stakeholders at partner schools
- Assistance in preparation & evaluation of lesson curriculum
- Assistance in evaluation of all programs
- Assistance in organizational maintenance tasks related to running a non-profit
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be motivated and self-directed
- At least 1-3 years experience working with youth – essential
- Ability to support and empower students in the creative problem-solving process – essential
- Ability to set a positive environment within a room – essential
- Interest in science, technology, engineering, art, and math – essential
- Completion of post-secondary degree or equivalent experience – preferred
- Prior science, technology, engineering, or math training – a plus
- Strong communication and organization skills
- A flexible team player who is willing to learn from mistakes and adapt
- Motivated to improve as an instructor and facilitate new material
- Comfortable driving a van long distances safely in variable weather conditions
- Full-time position (40 hours per week)
- Programs take place during the school day and/or after-school timeframe
- Occasional evening and/or weekend programs possible
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Additional benefits package, including: paid holidays and vacations, paid sick time, medical insurance, and retirement benefits (subject to initial waiting periods)
- Annual Local Benefits Stipend
- Annual Professional Development stipend
- In-house opportunities for Professional Development, including: training with 3D printers, LASER cutters, robotics, and much more!
- Discounted items from Sparkfun.com
- Outdoor pro deals
- Collaborative and engaging work environment
Physical Exertion Environmental Conditions
Required to sit for extended periods of time, stand frequently, use fine motor skills to operate equipment, and lift and/or move 40 pounds or less.
WMSI encourages applications from individuals of all gender identities, ethnicities, nationalities, backgrounds and ages.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Mike Carmon at: email@example.com
Final candidates subject to a criminal background check.
*White Mountain Science, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Littleton, NH.*