Neighborhood House Charter School (NHCS) is a tuition-free open enrollment charter school for grades K1-12 in Dorchester that is a public alternative to traditional district schools. We serve over 800 students across two campuses predominantly from the neighborhoods of Dorchester, Roxbury and Mattapan. We believe in the social emotional well-being of our students and know that a well-coached and supported educator is instrumental in helping our scholars both academically and in their SEL growth. We do not give up on kids. Our expectation is that all of our students thrive at NHCS, graduate from high school and pursue post-secondary education on the path to life success. Our educators are partners with our scholars and their families as they embark on this path.
What is the School Psychologist role?
As a School Psychologist you care deeply about the success of your students and create strong relationships to leverage success both in and out of the classroom. You understand the unique demands of working with students with significant emotional or behavioral needs and are excited to help scholars maximize their functioning in school and reach their fullest potential. You act as case-manager and liaison for these students, evaluate their strengths and challenges, and create and monitor individualized plans to support their ongoing success.
You will work at both of our campuses (Queen St. and Centre St.) supporting scholars with IEPs or 504 plans. The hours are Monday – Friday, 7:45 a.m. – 4 p.m. Someone coming to us with two years of previous experience and a master’s degree can expect to make $63,222.
Is this You?
- You are committed to cultivating anti-racist, culturally responsive and restorative practices;
- You have earned a Master’s degree in School Psychology, Social Work, or a related clinical field or a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Special Education;
- You have a certification in Moderate Disabilities, School Psychology, or clinical work (preferred)
- You are familiar with trauma informed practices
- You believe in a Warm Demanding ethos where the two phrases, “We care about you” and “We have the highest expectations for you” go hand in hand.
- You are committed to cultivating the social emotional wellbeing of all of our scholars both in and out of the classroom;
- You will thrive in a community in which all members demonstrate accountability, flexibility, humor, effort, responsibility, respect and hope;
- You are able to start as soon as possible.
Neighborhood House Charter School (NHCS) is committed to being an anti-racist organization. The work of racial justice does not belong to a department or position; it is the responsibility of every member of our community – scholar, family, and educator. As an educational organization, we are committed to continual growth and learning so everyone can find a safe place to belong and walk on their own anti-racist journey in the midst of a racially diverse and vibrant community. This will ensure that we, as an organization, reflect, equip, and care for all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, age, disability, marital status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. We encourage you to apply even if you feel that you do not meet all the stated requirements for the position.
Thank you for your interest in our school. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and look forward to hearing from you. Please send a cover letter and resume using the provided link.