The Cambridge Montessori School’s Passport Auxiliary Programs provide extended day, vacation camps, and summer camp to families with students enrolled at the Cambridge Montessori School (CMS), as well as those in Cambridge and surrounding areas.
We are looking to hire additional staff for our toddler/primary and elementary extended day programs who may be interested in working at our program in the afternoon anywhere from 2-5 days per week. Our rates range from $20-25/hour depending on previous experience in this field and we can offer a maximum of 20 hours per week with some flexibility around candidates’ schedules and afternoon availability.
We’re looking for folks who enjoy working with children of various ages and who are reliable, communicative, and eager to learn and share their skills and interests. This opportunity is ongoing, as we have a winter and spring term, and then will be quickly transitioning to summer camp.
Please see the PDF below for more information and send your resume and references to Allison Lynch, Assistant Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in applying.
Grade 5 Co-Teacher
Charles River School is a unique, inclusive independent PreK-8 school located 16 miles west of Boston. We nurture each student by igniting curiosity, encouraging creativity, and cultivating intellectual engagement. Our graduates know themselves, understand others, and shape the future of our diverse world with confidence and compassion.
We are seeking an energetic elementary educator to co-teach fifth grade. The successful candidate will have experience in curriculum development and will work closely with a co-teacher to plan and implement a thematic curriculum that honors children’s developmental pace and includes language arts, math, social studies, and social-emotional skills.
- Work with co-teacher to plan and teach all language arts, math, and social studies curricula
- Provide leadership in planning and implementing the math curriculum, in particular
- Setting clear, well-paced learning objectives and providing regular feedback to students regarding their progress
- Provide support to students in social, emotional, and academic areas
- Communicate with parents about classroom events and student progress
- Participate as a full member of the CRS faculty (e.g., participating in recess and carpool duties, attending weekly meetings, serving on a committee, etc.)
- Demonstrated commitment to community, equity, and inclusion in instructional practice and pedagogical approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent classroom management, including communicating and maintaining grade-level expectations and behavioral boundaries
- Attention to detail and impeccable follow-through
Charles River School actively seeks candidates who will contribute and are committed to a diverse school community and inclusive educational practices. Interested individuals should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com (please put Grade 5 in the subject line) and fill out the CRS Employment Application by clicking this link: https://forms.gle/KuQLJ6nF8ctLecLG7.