The Tufts Pre-College team is currently seeking a Program Director to assist in managing our 6-week Tufts College Experience (TCE) and our Tufts Summer Accelerator (TSA). Tufts College Experience, our flagship program, is an immersive program designed to give students a full picture of college life: students live on campus, participate in social activities, and take two accelerated courses. Tufts Summer Accelerator is a new program in our portfolio; a shortened version of TCE, it consists of 2 week stackable modules (students may enroll in up to 2 modules for a total of 4 weeks). In TSA, students also participate in residential and social activities, but take part in targeted seminars in lieu of full courses.
The Tufts College Experience will take place for 6 weeks during the summer from July 5th to August 12th, 2022, with students participating in their selected courses in the mornings, and group programming in the afternoons. Similarly, Tufts Summer Accelerator takes place from July 10-22 (Session 1) and July 24-August 5 (Session 2), with students participating in seminars in the morning and early afternoon, and group programming in later afternoon. The Program Director can expect to work an average of 5-10 hours per week during the spring semester for pre-program planning, with the hours ramping up to about 15-25 hours per week in the summer for afternoon programming.
Program Planning: 2-3 hours/week Dec-June (flexible days/times)
Program Dates: July 5th to August 12th, 2022 (6 weeks)
Program Hours: Monday-Thursday 5-10 hrs/wk (hours depending on program
needs); Friday 9am-5pm
The total compensation for the TCE/TSA Program Director position, inclusive of all planning and program time, is $5000.
As a Program Director, your duties include, but are not limited to:
● Program Planning and Preparation
○ Admissions: Review applications, correspond with applicants regarding incorrect information / errors, post admission letters, follow-up with students regarding course/seminar placement, administer course/seminar changes (if necessary)
○ Marketing: review of marketing materials provided by Director of Marketing, website update suggestions, personal outreach (email and phone calls) to leads and applicants, helps develop social media posts and reposts relevant content, writes updates to parents and students during the program
○ Hiring/Payroll: confirms guest speakers, supports recruitment and hiring of TAs (as necessary), passes hiring information to the Pre-College team.
○ Program Materials Prep: places students into TA groups, sets-up CANVAS, zoom sessions, other resources as needed
○ Program Planning: plan Friday College Prep 101 workshop and potential lunchtime speaker series, as well as any opening and closing activities.
○ Communications: Acts as main point of contact for program duration, and handle communication with students and families throughout the program
○ Schedule all necessary trainings
○ Afternoon and/or lunch sessions: develops and runs afternoon sessions with full oversight during program hours; liaises with staff, faculty and guest speakers who are participating in the sessions ○ College Prep 101: Plans and executes College Prep 101 series (morning workshops, afternoon college visits) for TSA & TCE, creating alignment without redundancies between sessions for each program.
○ Orientation / Closing: develops and participates in opening day and closing day activities.
● Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills (written and verbal)
● Adept critical thinking, process development, and operationalization. Strong attention to detail
● Excellent project management skills, prioritization abilities and navigation of tight deadlines
● Proficiency and previous experience with Microsoft Office Suite strongly preferred
● Previous experience in research and/or program management preferred
● Previous experience working with high school aged students preferred
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org