Deanna Flug

Head Teacher

One can usually find Deanna hiking mountains in New Hampshire or Vermont or reading a book in just about any corner she can find. She went to school at the University of Vermont where she studied Early Childhood Special Education and later went to Lesley University for her Master’s in Education. Her favorite book to read with children is Giraffes Can’t Dance by Giles Andreae. ​

Tara Ellard

Assistant Teacher

Tara attended Bates College and graduated this past spring. She studied Psychology and Music, with a passion for early childhood development. She has been working with children throughout her time at Bates College at summer camps and children’s centers. After spending one last summer on Cape Cod MA, Tara is excited to be moving to Boston and to be joining the Eliot Pearson community. In her free time, Tara loves going on outdoor adventures, including running, kayaking and hiking, and is excited to share this love for the outdoors with her fellow teachers and students.

Tomilola Idowu,

EP Fellow

Tomilola attended Babcock University, Nigeria in 2016 where she majored in Computer Science. As an undergraduate, she volunteered as a child tutor and has since been interested in the connection between education and development. She strongly believes that childhood is life in itself rather than a preparation for adulthood and should be treated as such. She has worked as a digital media strategist championing campaigns to end child marriage in Africa; educating the girl child and highlighting the essence of strong families, whilst also volunteering as a child educator, instructional leader, and program coordinator. Tomilola is excited to be a part of the Eliot-Pearson Children’s School where she can merge her background in science and media with her interest in Child development to truly make an impact in her society. In her free time, she enjoys reading stories and writing.

Maria Paz Espin

EP Fellow

Hi! My name is Maria Paz Espin, and I am a proud Chicago native. I am a first-generation college graduate from Dartmouth College, where I studied psychology and neuroscience. I’ve been working
with kids since I was 14, and my love for them grew when my nephew and niece were born. I enjoy reading, watching movies, and yoga in my free time. I am ecstatic to care for and learn from all the children at the EPCS!