FletcherConneX Team winners of the 2021 Corning Cornell Emerging Markets Institute Case Competition

By Jacqueline Balletto, MIB ’22

The FletcherConneX team (myself, Jacqueline BallettoClarisse Marcella AlpaertEvan James Fontana, and Gaurav Sharma) are so grateful for being part of the Cornell Emerging Markets Institute global case competition this year directed by the wonderful Lourdes Casanova at the Cornell Tech campus in #NYC.  The team won $5K for taking first place.

Students at the Cornell Case competition.

We sincerely want to thank the sponsor of the competition, Corning Incorporated and president Claude Echahamian. Your generous sponsorship of this competition has made taking first place extra rewarding!

We also want to extend our thanks to our advisors Patrick Schena, Bhaskar Chakravorti, Professor Alnoor Ebrahim, The Institute for Business in the Global Context (IBGC) at The Fletcher School, and our graduate student colleagues (shoutout to David Folsom and Valentin Scham) for their valuable feedback and advice.

I couldn’t have asked for a better way to end my last semester of my #MIB program, and thanks again to everyone who made this possible!

Group of 4 Fletcher students.
The Fletcher team.