The IBGC Experiential Learning Fund (ELF) offers financial support for a wide range of student activities at Fletcher. Learn more about all the funding opportunities at for student research, conferences, and other academic and professional activities:
- Student Research | funding for original student projects relevant to international business | CONTACT
- Student Conferences | funding for conferences run by Fletcher students during the academic year | CONTACT
- Student Group Support | support with dues, competition participation fees, and practical learning opportunities | CONTACT
- Global Research Fellowship | a fully-funded summer fellowship that gives students the opportunity to develop and execute their own immersive field research | CONTACT
Periodically, opportunities will arise for students to work with the Institute for Business in the Global Context. When these positions become available, they will be posted here as well as announced to the broader Fletcher community.
As part of our Digital Planet research initiative, we often work with digitally curious, analytically savvy, disciplined, and creative inter-disciplinary thinkers who can work with data to create actionable insights for businesses, governments, and society. Digital Planet’s alumni have gone on to take roles at Sonos, Morgan Stanley, BFA, DFI, Converse, IQVIA, and more, with careers spanning impact investing, retailing, health, finance, and technology sectors. Opportunities to get involved are announced through Fletcher’s Career Center, this website, and internal postings to relevant e-lists. Get in touch with the initiative to learn more.
The Boston area is a hotbed for innovation and entrepreneurship, and Tufts University is no stranger to that space. From the Tufts Entrepreneurship Center at the Gordon Institute, to our long-running in-house Fletcher D-Prize Competition, the Fletcher School and the Institute for Business in the Global Context are involved in a wide range of initiatives and partnerships to help bring out the best in our students and alumni.
The IBGC hosts and supports various events on campus and elsewhere. Stay tuned as we announce more speakers, conferences, and other gatherings throughout the year. Be sure to follow us on Twitter for regular updates.
- Speaker Series | an ongoing lecture series featuring speakers from diverse business backgrounds who share their experiences and insights with the Fletcher student body | CONTACT
- Building Bridges | annual SovereigNet conference examining the burgeoning gap between global infrastructure needs and institutional investing | CONTACT
- Turn? Series | conference series examining a specific region at a major inflection point | CONTACT
- Inclusion, Inc. | inclusion forum that explores the nature and future of inclusive and sustainable growth | CONTACT
- Fletcher Reads the Newspaper | each semester, a panel of multidisciplinary Fletcher faculty bring current business headlines into open conversation | CONTACT
The IBGC is proud to support the following student-run events and regularly collaborates with various student groups to bring diverse programming to campus.
- Conference on Gender & International Affairs | annual conference looking at gender issues in an international context | CONTACT
- Innovate Tufts | student-run week of activities celebrating innovation on campus | CONTACT
- Political Risk Conference | annual student-run conference with support from SovereigNET and IBGC | CONTACT
- The Opening Arctic Conference | annual conference that seeks to address the foreign policy, economic, environmental, and security implications of the opening Arctic | CONTACT
- Tufts Energy Conference | 12th annual conference to discuss critical global energy issues, focusing this year on “Innovation for Global Energy Access” | CONTACT
- Fletcher D-Prize | poverty solutions venture competition for aspiring Fletcher entrepreneurs with rewards of up to $20,000 in seed funding | CONTACT
- CFA Challenge | annual global competition that provides university students with hands-on mentoring and intensive training in financial analysis supported by SovereigNET | CONTACT
- Economist Case Study Competition | case study competition for business students presented Kerrisdale Capital and The Economist | CONTACT
- MBA Impact Investing Network and Training (MIINT) | an experiential learning program designed to give students at business and graduate schools a hands-on education in impact investing | CONTACT
- MIB Mentorship Program | all MIB students are paired with alumni mentors to support their professional journeys | CONTACT
- SovereigNet Student Affiliate Program | students with an interest in sovereign wealth and global capital have the opportunity to engage with a global community of scholars and practitioners, contribute research, and support programming as student affiliates of our SovereigNet research network| CONTACT
- Workshops & Skill Building | IBGC sponsors and runs a number of practical, hands-on workshops and skill-building activities for all Fletcher students throughout the year
- Entrepreneurship | Fletcher is home to a burgeoning entrepreneurial ecosystem through various competitions and in-house coaching
- CEME Senior Fellows | our fellows from the Council on Emerging Market Enterprises are available as a valuable resource to Fletcher students | CONTACT