Every day, the headlines cross borders of many kinds: those of countries, cultures, and disciplines. IBGC and the Master of International Business program seeks to make sense of those headlines for our students, using the rich pool of experts in the Fletcher network.
As a part of our “Fletcher Reads the Newspaper” series, we pick several hot news items each semester. We gather an interdisciplinary panel of Fletcher experts to examine the issues, and from there invite students to approach the problem as they would a case study to offer solutions and strategies for dealing with the issues. All sessions are moderated by Dean Bhaskar Chakravorti as a joint problem-solving/consulting event with the objective of creating a set of practical recommendations for the relevant decision-makers: CEOs, political leaders, heads of multi-lateral bodies, NGOs, and entrepreneurs.
Check out our previous events:
- Do Winners Take All? | Fall 2018
- #HowTo End #MeToo | Spring 2018
- Is Brexit a “House of Cards” that Threatens the Stability of the World Order? | Fall 2017
- Can Checks and Balances Contain the Trump Administration? | Spring 2017
- Can a Business Head Make a Good Head of State | Fall 2016
- Apple v. the FBI | Spring 2016
- Will Business Help or Hinder the Paris Climate Agreement | Spring 2016
- Cuba v. Iran: Which is the Better Bet for Your Business? | Fall 2015
- #InsertYourRevolutionsCallToArmsAndCatchyPhraseHere | Spring 2015
- The Entrepreneur and the Intifada | Fall 2014
- Is Nation Building Possible Without Business Building | Spring 2014
- Privacy and Security in the Age of Snowden | Spring 2014
- The Rana Plaza Tragedy and the Supply Chain Implication | Fall 2013