On March 31, 2021, Digital Planet and the Institute for Business in the Global Context hosted a webinar titled “Turning America’s Digital Divide into Digital Dividends: Ideas for the Biden-Harris Administration.” The webinar is a part of Digital Planet’s IDEA 2030 research initiative, which aims to focus the minds of decision-makers through data-driven insights on inclusive digital economies. Through research and dialogue, the initiative addresses two fundamental issues of our time: the need for inclusive growth and recovery, and the pervasiveness of digital technology.
In this webinar, we gathered an expert panel of guest speakers from Mastercard, Brookings Institution, The New Yorker, and The Fletcher School to discuss why we are so divided about the true state of the digital divide in America and what steps might the Biden-Harris administration take to clarify the reality of this divide and move toward closing the gap. Moreover, this webinar examines how these changes can be transformational for a recovering, yet socially distanced economy.
Featured guests include:
- Bhaskar Chakravorti, Dean of Global Business, The Fletcher School
- Miguel Gamiño Jr., Executive Vice President, Global Cities, Mastercard
- Sue Halpern, Author; Staff Writer, The New Yorker
- Darrell West, Vice President & Director, Governance Studies, Brookings Institution
- Shoshana Zuboff, Author; Professor Emerita, Harvard Business School
Watch the full webinar recording below: