The Medford Data Lab and Boston Data Lab are teaching and research computing spaces designed to foster collaboration and innovation among students, faculty and staff across all Tufts’ schools and departments. The Data Labs provide methodological and technological support for a wide range of data science applications.
The Data Lab offers support for:
- Instruction & Training
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Data Literacy & Statistical Analysis
- Data Acquisition & Engineering
- Data Management & Visualization
- Data Science & Machine Learning
- Remote Sensing & GPS Data Collection
- Web Mapping Applications
- Cartography & Digital Design
- Digital Humanities & Text Analysis
- Application Development
- High Performance Computing
- Data Sharing & Preservation
Additionally, the Data Labs are staffed with Student Lab Assistants who are available for immediate walk-in assistance and our team provides advanced consultations by appointment with our senior staff. Other services offered by the Data Lab include the workshop series and in-class instruction. Check out the Data Lab Brochure, with additional information.