The Medford and Boston Data Labs, located in Tisch Library and Hirsh Health Sciences Library respectively, are staffed with student Data Lab Assistants who provide immediate walk-in services and resources to the Tufts community for their data-intensive needs.
Lab Assistants are available to:
- Answer general questions about our support and services
- Answer questions pertaining to GIS, stats, data analysis and visualization
- Provide resources for learning software and tools (tutorials, workbooks, online resources, etc)
- Trouble-shoot basic issues in various software programs
- Provide homework assignment and final class project assistance
- Assist with data searching, acquisition and engineering
- Check out/in GPS units for field data collection
- Provide information on accessing student editions of ESRI ArcGIS Desktop
- Provide Large Format Printing (final GIS project posters only)
The Lab Assistant Skills Matrix outlines the specific software skills of each Data Lab Assistant (shown under the calendars below).
Below is the Data Lab Assistant Schedules for both the Medford Data Lab and Boston Data Lab. Please note that Lab Assistants are not scheduled during University breaks and holidays or any time that the Libraries are closed.
Medford Data Lab Assistants Schedule
Boston Data Lab Assistants Schedule
To learn more about advanced consultations and specialty services, please see Advanced Consultations & Specialty Services.
For solutions to common problems in the Data Lab, please see Problems in the Data Lab.