Data Lab Assistant support will only be provided remotely for the fall 2020 semester. Please see the DataLab.tufts.edu homepage to chat with a Lab Assistant. No in person support is available in the Data Lab spaces this semester due to Covid-19.
The Data Labs are staffed with student Lab Assistants who provide immediate walk-in services and resources to the Tufts community for their data-intensive needs.
Lab Assistants are available to:
- Answer questions about our support and services
- Consult on questions pertaining to GIS, statistics, data analysis and visualization and more
- Provide resources for learning software and tools
- Trouble-shoot basic issues in various software programs
- Provide homework and final class project assistance
- Assist with data searching, acquisition and engineering
- Check out GPS units for field data collection
The Lab Assistant Skills Matrix outlines the specific software skills of each Data Lab Assistant. If you would like to schedule an advanced private consultation with our senior staff, please email us at DataLabemail@example.com.
Online Lab Assistant Calendar
Here is the Lab Assistant calendar for online support via the chat function on the Data Lab website landing page. Please note that Lab Assistants are not scheduled during University Breaks and holidays.