The Data Labs are staffed with student Lab Assistants who provide immediate walk-in services and resources to the Tufts community for their data-intensive needs.
Lab Assistants are available to:
- Answer questions about our support and services
- Answer questions pertaining to GIS, stats, data analysis and visualization
- Provide resources for learning software and tools
- Trouble-shoot basic issues in various software programs
- Provide homework and final class project assistance
- Assist with data searching, acquisition and engineering
- Check out GPS units for field data collection
The Lab Assistant Skills Matrix outlines the specific software skills of each Data Lab Assistant (shown under the calendars below). If you would like to schedule an advanced private consultation with our senior staff, please email us at DataLabfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is the Data Lab Assistant Schedules for both the Medford Data Lab and Boston Data Lab. Please note that Lab Assistants are not scheduled during University breaks and holidays or any time that the Libraries are closed.
Medford Data Lab Assistants Schedule
Boston Data Lab Assistants Schedule