Lab Assistant Help Desk
The Data Lab in Tisch Library is staffed with student Lab Assistants who provide immediate walk-in service and resources to the Tufts community for their GIS, statistical, and data visualization needs. Data Lab Assistants now offer support hours on the Boston Campus as well. This walk in service in Boston is located in the Hirsh Health Sciences Library, on the 5th floor of the Sackler Building (145 Harrison Ave, Boston, Ma).
Lab Assistants are available to:
- Answer questions pertaining to GIS or Stats
- Provide resources for learning software and tools (tutorials, workbooks, etc)
- Distribute student editions of ArcGIS Desktop
- Trouble-shoot basic issues in ArcGIS and Statistical Software
- Provide GIS assignment and final class project assistance
- Assist with data searching and acquisition
- Check out/in GPS units for field data collection
- Assist with ESRI Virtual Class sign up
- Provide Large Format Printing (final GIS project posters only)
The Lab Assistant Skills Matrix outlines the specific software skills of each Lab Assistant, available here.
Lab Assistant Schedule for Medford & Boston
Below is the Lab Assistant Schedule for both the Medford Data Lab and support offered on the Boston campus. You can toggle between the two calendars or only view one by using the drop down arrow in the upper right hand corner of the calendar. We have limited hours during summer months and winter breaks.
If you would like to schedule a advanced private consultation, please email us at DataLabfirstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about advanced consultations and specialty services, please see Advanced Consultations & Specialty Services.
For solutions to common problems in the Data Lab, please see Problems in the Data Lab.