The Medford Data Lab maintains the following Global Positioning Systems (GPS) Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) mobile mapping technology for student, staff, and faculty research.
- Handheld units that are free to borrow for Tufts students, faculty, and staff.
- The units can be recalled for course use if necessary.
Handheld GPS/GNSS Units
Mapping Grade GNSS Units
These mapping grade units are only available for specialized use.
- 8 Bad Elf GNSS Surveyors with one-meter range poles
- 2 EOS Arrow 100 Surveyors with two-meter range poles
- 20 Trimble Juno SB Handheld GPS Units
- 1 Trimble Juno ST Handheld GPS Unit
- 1 Trimble Juno SC Handheld GPS Unit
- 1 Trimble GeoExplorer
- 1 TruPulse Laser Rangefinder
GPS Software & Applications
- ESRI Applications using Tufts Organizational Account
- DNR Garmin 220.127.116.11 (free for download)
- Fulcrum Mobile Location Leverage (email DataLabemail@example.com for account access)
- ESRI ArcPad (Tufts site license)
- ESRI ArcPad Application Builder 10x (Tufts site license)
- Trimble GPS Pathfinder Office (Data Lab use only)
- Trimble TerraSync Desktop (Data Lab use only)
- Trimble TerraSyn Mobile (Data Lab devices only)
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV)
Tufts maintains several UAVs, commonly known as drones, for specialized and approved use. Please contact DataLab-Support@elist.tufts.edu if you would like to learn more.
- 1 DJI Phantom 4 Pro v 2.0 with NDVI Sensor
- 3 DJI Phantom 4 Pro v 2.0
- 1 DJI Matrice 30T (Thermal)
- 6 DJI Mavic Air 2S
- 1 DJI Spark