The Data Lab maintains the following Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and mobile mapping technology for student and faculty use.
We regularly provide GPS instruction and workshops. Please see the Tufts Tips & Tutorials for GPS.
Borrow GPS Units
- Handheld units are free to borrow for Tufts students, faculty, and staff
- Handheld GPS units can be checked out for up to 1 month and can be picked up in the Data Lab
- The student must see a Lab Assistant during their schedule hours to acquire the GPS unit
- Students, faculty, and staff must complete a GPS Check-out Form
- The units can be recalled for course use
Handheld GPS Units
The regular handheld units are available to students, faculty and staff.
The mapping grade units are only available for specialized use.
- 20 Trimble Juno SB handhelds
- 1 Trimble Juno ST handheld
- 1 Trimble Juno SC handheld
- 1 Trimble GeoExplorer 1 TruPulse Laser Rangefinder
- DNR Garmin 18.104.22.168 – Free for download
- Survey123 for ArcGIS – ArcGIS Online Account Necessary – Students/Faculty use Enterprise Log-on
- Collector for ArcGIS – ArcGIS Online Account Necessary – Students/Faculty use Enterprise Log-on
- Fulcrum Mobile Location Leverage – Email DataLabfirstname.lastname@example.org for account access
- ESRI ArcPad 10.5.1 (Tufts site license)
- ESRI ArcPad Application Builder 10x (Tufts site license)
- Trimble GPS Pathfinder Office 5.70 (Data Lab use only)
- Trimble TerraSync Desktop 5.7 (Data Lab use only)
- Trimble TerraSyn Mobile 5.7 (Data Lab devices only)