The Medford Data Lab and Boston Data Lab are teaching and research computing spaces designed to foster collaboration and innovation among students, faculty, and staff across all Tufts’ schools and departments. The Data Labs provide interdisciplinary methodological and technological support for a wide range of geospatial and data science applications.
The Data Lab offers support for:
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Statistical Analysis
- Data Analysis and Visualization
- Data Acquisition & Engineering
- Data Literacy & Data Management
- Data Science & Machine Learning
- Remote Sensing
- GPS Field Data Collection
- Web Mapping Applications
- Cartography & Design
- Digital Humanities & Text Analysis
- Application Development
- High-Performance Computing
- Data Sharing & Preservation
- Research Data Management & Storage Solutions
Data Lab Resources
The Data Labs are staffed with Student Data Lab Assistants who are available for immediate walk-in assistance. Additionally, our team provides advanced consultations by appointment with our senior specialists.
Additionally, check out the many resources offered by our team such as various data sources, online tutorials, and additional learning materials.