Bray Lab is part of the Tufts University Department of Mechanical Engineering. The building is comprised of research labs, staff and graduate student offices, and a neighborhood of design, build, and testing spaces.
The design, build and testing spaces are accessible to everyone in the Tufts community. Please use this website to learn about the spaces, equipment and training.
Monday, Jan. 21
- Machine Shop closed for Martin Luther King Day
Monday, Jan. 28
- Training sessions posted and begin this day
Thursdays: Jan. 24, Jan. 31, Feb. 7, Feb. 14, Feb 28, Mar. 7, Mar. 14, Mar. 28
- Shop will close early at 3:30pm due to ME 1 Lab
Fridays: Jan. 25, Feb. 8, Feb 15, Mar. 1, Mar. 8, Mar. 15, Mar. 29
- Shop will only be open 12pm – 1pm, 3:30pm – 6pm due to ME 1 Lab
Friday, Feb. 1
- Shop will only be open 12pm – 1pm due to ME 1 Lab and SCP 103 Lab
Friday, Feb. 8
- Desktop 3D Printers will be unavailable from 3:30pm – 5:30pm due to SCP 103 Lab
- Be respectful of others, the spaces, tools, shop workers, and equipment
- Follow the Buddy System by always having someone nearby for safety and support.
- Clean up before you leave
- Storage carts are available in many locations throughout Bray.
- Please ask Marya, Ben or a student employee if you need help storing your project.
- No outside tools
- No outside chemicals (such as epoxies, spray paint, etc.)
- No food in the shop or labs (food is allowed in the lobby)
- Bray tools and equipment must stay in the building