Bray Lab is part of the Tufts University Department of Mechanical Engineering. The building is comprised of research labs, staff and graduate student offices, and a neighborhood of design, build, and testing spaces.
The design, build and testing spaces are accessible to everyone in the Tufts community. Please use this website to learn about the spaces, equipment and training.
Tuesday, Sep 3 : Bray open regular hours.
Wednesday, Oct 9: Machine Shop closes at 2pm for Yom Kippur
Monday, Oct 14: Machine Shop closed for Indigenous People’s Day
Monday, Nov 11: Machine Shop closed for Veteran’s Day
Thursday, Nov 28: Machine Shop closed for Thanksgiving
Friday, Nov 29: Machine Shop closed for Day After Thanksgiving
Monday, Dec 9: Last day of training sessions
Dec 10 – 19: Limited Machine Shop hours to be determined.
Dec 20 – Jan 14: Bray closed for cleaning, maintenance, repairs and employee training. Please contact Marya or Ben for special project access.
- Be respectful of others, the spaces, tools, shop workers, and equipment
- Follow the Buddy System by always having someone nearby for safety and support
- Always use a clamp to securely hold material to combat applied forces from a tool
- Clean up before you leave
- Storage carts are available in many locations throughout Bray
- Please ask Marya, Ben or a student employee if you need help storing your project
- No outside tools
- No outside chemicals (such as epoxies, spray paint, etc.)
- No food in the shop or labs (food is allowed in the lobby and Design Lab)
- Bray tools and equipment must stay in the building
Please inform Bray Lab staff of any injuries or potentially harmful situations (see something, say something).