- Fabrication: Book a machine for use that you have ALREADY been trained on
- Training: Book a machine to be trained on for the first time (or for a refresher)
- Consultation: Book time with a staff member to discuss issues with a project, develop a manufacturing plan, get feedback on a design, or get any other questions/feedback or questions responded to
- Read through this page for all necessary details.
- Complete your Bray User Profile.
- Submit one Appointment Request Form per appointment [link at bottom of page].
- An employee will review your request and contact you within one business day via email. (The appointment request page is checked Monday through Friday at 9am, 1pm, and 5pm, and once on Sunday afternoon).
- Work with the assigned staff member to schedule a timeslot for the equipment you need.
- Attend your scheduled timeslot.
Rules and Protocols
- No appointments may be scheduled during hours reserved for classes/labs for courses.
- Appointments are three hours max.
- Appointments must be scheduled between Monday and Friday and start/end between 10:00am and 6:00pm.
- Make appointment requests at least one day in advance. Same day appointments are still possible, but less reliably scheduled.
- The appointment request page is checked by staff at 9am, 1pm, and 5pm. Please be patient as your requests are reviewed.
- Typically, the shop is limited to six (6) appointments at a time. This is subject to change based on the type of training/machine use needed.
- Message the #bray-palls channel on the Tufts ME Slack if you have any immediate question or concerns.
- If you miss more than two scheduled appointments with no warning, you will be not be permitted to request additional appointments.
Below are the statuses your request will be updated through. You will receive an email each time the status of your request is updated.
1) Appointment Request Submitted:
Your request has just been uploaded and is awaiting review by admin.
2) Assigned to Staff:
Your request has been assigned to a Bray staff member. They will reach out soon to schedule your appointment.
3) Corresponding with Requester:
If we cannot schedule your appointment on one of your three preferred time (or if we need more information about your request) staff will reach out to you.
Your appointment has been scheduled. If you end up not being able to attend it, please let us know ahead of time.
Your appointment has happened and your request closed. Please submit a new request if needed.
If you no longer need your appointment for any reason, update your request’s status to “Cancelled”. This is the only time you (rather than a Bray staff member) should update your request’s status. Please fill out an explanation (if you can) for our records.
Your request for an appointment has been denied. Bray staff will reach out to you to explain why it was rejected and potentially what you can do to avoid this in the future. If the shop is simply unable to accommodate your request, we will try to direct you to somewhere else that can help you.
c) On Hold:
Your request is going to be delayed because of machine malfunction/service in the shop, staff scheduling issues, or some other reason. Bray staff will reach out to you to explain why.
Questions and Feedback
Replying to emails generated by the form will put you in contact with Bray admin/your assigned staff member. You can also message the #bray-palls channel of the Tufts ME Slack or email firstname.lastname@example.org.