Some machines require advanced knowledge to operate. In these cases, a Bray Lab student employee will help you through the fabrication process.
You are welcome to stop by the Machine Shop to discuss your part before using the below procedure.
- Submit the part using the Part Submission form.
Haas Mini Mill: submit 3D Solidworks (.sldprt or .sldasm)
Markforged 3D Printer: submit 3D design (.stl) files
Shopbot Desktop CNC Router: submit 2D design (.dxf) or 3D design (.stl)
- A Bray Lab employee will contact you in the next business day to setup a meeting to:
- Discuss limitations of the machine and design changes to receive the best result
- Discuss material selection and tolerances
- Operate the machine with you
We may request a prototype of the part to ensure it is the correct size, shape and tolerance. Parts can be prototyped with cardboard, Desktop 3D printers, or foam.