Bray offers different resources which can be used to support course projects. Please contact Bray staff to discuss:
- What are your learning goals? What type of project(s) do you envision?
- What space and/or equipment would you need?
- How will students obtain materials?
- What are your storage needs?
- When do you expect your students to use Bray? For example, what are the project due dates or lab schedule?
Sophomores are currently untrained. We will update their training status as the new curriculum is developed.
Junior mechanical engineering students are trained on the following:
- Machine Shop’s Green Zone
- Hand Tools
- Laser Cutter
- Machine Shop’s Power Tools [Yellow] Zone
- Drill Press
- Horizontal Band Saw
- Jump Shear
- Tapping Station
- Vertical Band Saw
- Sand Casting
Senior mechanical engineering students are trained on the following:
Bray Lab supplies wire racks throughout the building for project storage. Projects must be labeled with a name and project deadline date. All projects must be removed by the last day of classes.
Number of Racks: 2
Size of Racks: 4 ft (Width) x 18 in (Depth) x 6 ft (Height)
Bins for organizing projects can be found either on the wire racks or in the Supply Closet (room 201).
Number of Bins: 24
Size of Bins: 11 in (width) x 18 in (depth) x 10 in (Height)
Lockers are located in the back of the Project Build Space.
Number of lockers: 6
Size of each locker: 24 in (width) x 24 in (depth) x 18 in (height).
Access: lockers may be reserved for a semester. The form is below (you must login to view). Reservations can also be renewed by filling out the below form.
Visit our Storage Page