Foam cutting tools are available in the Shop. Please see the Fabrication Supervisor, Ben Ginden, for insight and techniques.
The Machine Shop contains hot wire foam cutters. These machines may only be used under the supervision of Machine Shop personnel. No outside tools may be brought into Bray.
Visit the Machine Shop to request training.
Materials Lab (Room 115) Chemical Hood
Should be worn:
- Safety glasses
- Lab coat
- Fume hood sash must be as low as possible
- Check in with Fabrication Supervisor (Ben Ginden) to learn specific procedure
- Notification of Fabrication Supervisor (Ben Ginden) immediately
- If burned: wash affected area and apply burn cream found in the safety kits
Severe injury such as severe burn or dizziness caused by inhalation
- Notification of Public Safety and TEHS Immediately via 617-627-6911
- Move to fresh air
- Wipe down surfaces
- Allow wire to cool before storing
- Put glasses, lab coat, and hot wire cutter away