Stratasys Dimension 1200es
About the Tool: Additive manufacturing. Prints a 3D part layer by layer.
Location: The Shop
Dimension and Fortus 3D Printer training is required. Prerequisite: Desktop 3D printer training.
File types: .stl
Materials: ABS and soluble support material
Bray Lab has a Dissolving Bath for removing the support material
Build size: 254 x 254 x 305 mm (10 in x 10 in x 12 in.)
Layer thickness: 0.33 mm (0.013 in.) or .254 mm (.010 in.)
XY Accuracy: .025mm (.001 in)
- Select File -> Open STL to import a design.
- Double check part size’s outside dimensions are correct by matching with STL size (bottom left corner)
- Set the model interior
- Sparse – low density (medium strength, 25% – 30 % fill, quick print)
- Sparse – high density (high strength, 75% fill, medium print time)
- Solid (highest strength, 100% fill, slow print)
- Select ‘Orientation’ tab to properly orient part to limit necessary support material
- Press ‘Add to Pack’
- Select ‘Pack’ tab
- Select a tray and review the tray to select the best position for the part
- Position model in middle of bed
- Press ‘Print’
- Watch the machine for at least the first 30 minutes of the print to ensure the printed material adheres to the bed and the object is printing correctly.
- Take the tray out of the machine to remove your 3D print
- Place tray back in machine
- Throw excess material in the trash.
Removing Support Filament from Bed
- Leave filament on bed as is after removing part from bed
- Attempt to remove filament with hands
- Scrape off with scraper- should come off in one big piece
- Sand if necessary and clip off support filaments