Name: Silhouette Cameo 1 electronic cutting machine (vinyl cutter).
This machine uses a drag knife to cut out shapes.
About: A computer controlled blade that cuts out shapes on thin sheets of material.
Location: Supply Room (201)
Access: Vinyl Cutter training
File types: .jpg, .bmp, .png or users can create designs using machine’s software.
Materials: vinyl, cardstock, paper, and fabric, can engrave aluminum sheets
Build size: 12in wide x any length
- Import file from 2D design program
- Select material under Cut Settings and make note of the ratchet blade number setting
- Release blade
- Adjust ratchet blade number setting to match number indicated in Cut Settings.
- Watch machine until it is finished cutting
- Use rotary tool to squarely trim off used vinyl
- Throw all access material in the trash