St. Ann’s Home & School, in Methuen, MA, is a leader in special education and residential programming, offering private day programs, child and adolescent residential services, along with a broad range of outpatient services We are currently seeking teacher assistants for our education program. Candidates for this position must possess a bachelors degree. Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the implementation of small group lessons in language and math
- Assist the classroom teacher in other subject areas
- Responsible for much of the one-to-one attention given to children who need extra help
- Participate in weekly supervision, attend staff meetings, and participate in our in-service training program
- Participate in meetings with the treatment teams regarding the children in their classrooms
There are incredible benefits to working at St. Ann’s home which include:
- $19.00 Starting Salary
- Ability to pick up additional overtime shifts in our residential program
- Tremendous opportunity to gain valuable experience and skills that will position you for success in any aspect of the special education/human services field!
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical Plan with employer covering up to 90% of the cost
- $2500 Per Year Tuition Reimbursement
- 401K and Employer Contributions to the Retirement Plan
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Opportunities for further advancement at St. Ann’s Home
Teacher assistants should be able to sit for long periods of time, drive a motor vehicle, write extensively, talk for long periods of time, and be able to communicate with other agency personnel, LEA representatives, families and the children. Teacher assistants should be able to react quickly, lift and carry up to 20 pounds, climb stairs and be able to physically restrain youth in an emergency to ensure everyone’s safety is maintained. Staff are trained in current best practice techniques to safely respond to occasional aggressive, self-injurious or unsafe behaviors.
The mission of St. Ann’s Home & School is to provide a continuum of assessment, treatment, educational, and community-based services for children, adolescents, and young adults who present with a variety of mental health, emotional, and educational challenges. We seek to provide state-of-the-art programming and services in collaboration with these clients, their families, and other community and state agencies to help them manage their disabilities through our residential, day school, and community outreach programs with the goal of supporting the child in the least restrictive setting.
Schedule: Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: Weekly COVID 19
Testing Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply, please visit: https://www.st.annshome.org/careers/why-work-at-st-anns/