9:30 Registration opens
10-11 am Keynote address
- Julie Guthman (University of California Santa Cruz)
- Link to the livestream here.
- Click here for more information about Prof. Guthman.
11 am-12 pm Panel discussion
Panelists will discuss unintended consequences in the food system from various perspectives around the food system. The roundtable-style discussion will be moderated by Winton Pitcoff (Massachusetts Food System Collaborative). Click here for information about panel participants.
- Justin Chase (New Entry Sustainable Farming Program)
- Patricia Spence (Urban Farming Institute)
- Rachel Weil (Project SOUP)
- Parke Wilde (Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy)
12-1 pm Luncheon and facilitated table conversations
Tufts Dining will provide lunch for all registered attendees.
Over lunch, you’ll be able to participate in informal table conversations about a range of topics relating to food systems issues, facilitated by symposium organizers and others.
1-2 pm Poster session
Learn more about food-related research and projects from around Tufts University.