Learn more about academic and practice-based learning about food at Tufts!
Use the pull-down menu from the “LEARN” tab to see a listing of food-related classes each semester.
Below are the main centers for food studies around the university:
- the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy
- the Food Systems, Nutrition, and Environment track of the Environmental Studies Program
- the Food Systems and Nutrition minor of the Environmental Studies Program
Other programs and departments around the university that include some focus on food-related topics:
- Community Health
- International Relations (see the Global Health, Nutrition, and the Environment concentration)
- Urban and Environmental Planning and Policy (UEP)
You can learn to be a farmer too!
- The New Entry Sustainable Farming Project is an initiative associated with the Friedman School and other collaborators and partners.
Tufts has a working farm on the Grafton campus of the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine
- Read about the farm and the associated farm field.
- Here’s a history of the Grafton State Hospital and “farm colony” that preceded the veterinary school.