Click here for speaker bios
10-11 am Keynote address and conversation
- The keynote speaker will be Doug Rauch, former president of Trader Joe’s and founder of Daily Table in Dorchester.
- Sasha Purpura, executive director of Food for Free, will join Doug in conversation after the keynote address.
11-12 am Panel discussion
Panelists will discuss intersections of food waste and food insecurity from various perspectives around the food system. The roundtable-style discussion will be moderated by Lauren O’Brien and Kristin Sukys (Friedman School of Nutrition)
- Mark Alston-Follansbee (Somerville Homeless Coalition)
- Megan Lehnerd (Friedman School of Nutrition)
- Winton Pitcoff (Massachusetts Food System Collaborative)
- Norbert Wilson (Friedman School of Nutrition)
12-1 pm Luncheon and facilitated table conversations
Tufts Dining will provide a vegan/vegetarian lunch for all attendees registered before March 30. After that date you should still register here although we cannot guarantee a full lunch.
Over lunch, you’ll be able to participate in informal table conversations about a range of topics relating to food waste and food insecurity, facilitated by leaders of community and campus organizations working in those areas.
1-2 pm Poster session and mini-expo
Visit tables by campus and community groups and find out more about food-related student research from around Tufts University.