- student group dedicated to addressing contemporary food issues through a variety of lenses: environmental, political, ethical, economic, and nutritional
Leonard Carmichael Society
- Food Rescue – runs a food collection network involving donors and recipients including farmers markets, grocery stores, homeless shelters, and food pantries
- Hunger Project – works with local food pantries and soup kitchens to serve food to people in Medford, Somerville and Boston
- frequently sponsors internships, events, and partnership projects relating to food
- a partnership between Tufts Dining, staff/faculty, students and local organization Food For Free to minimize food waste at Tufts while at the same time addressing food insecurity in our local communities
- supports sustainability projects, internships, and learning across the university, including composting/recycling, the Eco-Reps program, the Sustainability Collective, and Sustainability Week each fall
- watch their great video about sustainable food efforts at Tufts!