Testing machines need to be operated by Bray TAs. In this case, a Bray Lab TA will help you through the testing process.
- Submit the information using the Assisted Testing Submission form.
Please describe what material/structure needs to be tested, and what information (such as Young’s Modulus, yield strength, maximum load etc.) wants to be obtained from the test.
- A Bray Lab TA will contact you in the next business day to setup a meeting to:
- Discuss possible testing method to receive the accurate result
- Set up the Instron Machine and develop testing method according to the standards.
- Operate the machine with you
If raw material needs to be tested, the material may need to be machined into dog-bone shape sample so that accurate mechanical properties can be obtained. The student can ask for help from Assisted Fabrication offer by the machine shop.