HP Color LaserJet 5500 Printer
- Printing is now “Pay for Print” in the Data Lab. You must have a Tufts ID or temporary print card to access the printer.
- This is a color printer. Currently, we do not have a black and white printer in our lab.
- Cost = $0.30 per page
- The name of the printer is “ColorMedfordPublicLabsandGinn”.
HP DesignJet Z6100 Large Format Plotter
The Digital Design Studio, located on the 3rd floor of Tisch Library, is now the primary resource for large format printing. They make their services available for students, faculty, and staff. Here are their hours of operation.
- We no longer provide large format printing services, with the exception of GIS final project posters.
- The Data Lab large format printer is only used for GIS Poster Expo printing and can only be used by a Lab Assistant during staffed hours.
- Printing Dimensions = Max 42″ width on one side. One of the dimensions must be below 40″
- Please have your file in PDF format sized at the final printing size.
- We recommend using MS Publisher, Adobe Illustrator, or Adobe InDesign to make your posters. We do not recommend Power Point as it is designed for digital presentations not for print. Here is a short tutorial for using Publisher to create a 40 x 30 poster.
- Large-format printing can be tricky. Please do not wait until the last minute to print.
Scanners & Digitizers
VIDAR Large Format 42″ Scanner
The Data Lab provides large format scanning services. Only Data Lab staff are permitted to use the large-format scanner. Scanning work is usually complete within two working days. Please contact email@example.com to schedule assistance with your large-format scanning needs. We do not provide on-demand, walk-in scanning.
Tisch library provides several flatbed scanners throughout the library. There is a Scanner Room around the corner in the Tisch Library. It is located next to the Circulation Desk.