Trans-Saharan Travelers — Ready to Roll

Back in April, I shared the story of two incoming students who are planning a pre-Fletcher adventure. Jessie has kept me up to date via email, and today she shared this update:

• Three days from now I’ll be on a plane to London where Aparna, Doug and I will begin what is sure to be an incredible adventure.
  • Aparna is already in London and “met” our car today! Steve, our newfound mechanically inclined friend was there to show Aparna the basics about our rig. We will all be meeting with Steve next week and will get to see all the awesome modifications he has made to his old car. We are now figuring out car insurance … what a pain!
  • So far, we are the TOP fundraisers out of all the Africa Rally! Although our fundraising has not ended, as of today we have raised more for charity than any other team in the rally, with a total of $3,400 for Send A Cow!! If you haven’t donated there is still time … !
  • In the next day or so we will have a link on our Route page, which will take you to a map of our “current” location as we travel! Using our SPOT messenger, we look forward to giving real-time updates of our whereabouts!

You can read about the team and more details on their website. Good luck team!