Steady progress

The way we do things here is to double/triple/quadruple check decisions both in the system and on paper.  Yesterday and today have been paper days.  Once we’re sure a letter offering admission is correct, it goes in a packet.  And once the packet is all set, it goes in a box.  And once the box is full, it sits around waiting for someone to take it to the mail room, along with all its packet friends.  Like this:

Progress is being made!  But…as I said earlier this week — we’re not releasing decisions this weekend.  We’ll be finishing up the final steps at the beginning of next week, and we’ll send you an email when you can find the decision online.  That’s your cue to relax this weekend, far from GAMS.

6 thoughts on “Steady progress

• March 14, 2011 at 7:47 am

Thank you, Dove. We’ll keep working on sharing info — wouldn’t want anyone to go bananas!

• March 14, 2011 at 7:43 am

It’s so true – this is a hard time as an applicant and it’s so nice to know that someone in admissions understands and gives us enough info to keep me from going bananas!

It’s also just such a generally helpful blog with lots of links and school/event information.

Thanks,

Dove

• March 13, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Thanks, Narae! I’ll pass your comments along to the admissions team!

• March 13, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I can’t agree more with Pauline.. Hope all of applicants had a sane weekend, including me :). Thanks a lot to Jessica and your team!

• March 11, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Thanks, Pauline! I hope you’re able to have a sane weekend.

• March 11, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Thanks Jessica. I can’t wait to find out. Even if I don’t get in, I want to let you know that your blog really helped me in being more “sane” during this waiting period.
    Thanks again.