Erin, a current student, thought you all need a break from decision talk and she sent information about an upcoming conference, conveniently timed for one of the weeks when admitted students sometimes come by for a visit. Here’s the info:
“Exploring Energy’s Great Debates:
Moving Past Posturing to Arrive at Achievable Energy Solutions”
April 15 – 16, 2011, Cabot Intercultural Center, Medford, MA
We welcome you to attend the 6th Annual Tufts Energy Conference. Learn from and engage with key energy industry experts, policymakers, and the rising generation of energy leaders in a thought-provoking discussion on the pertinent challenges and opportunities facing today’s energy sector. Registration NOW OPEN! Sign-up by March 15 to get your early-bird discount!
Our goal is to create constructive debate on how incremental policy changes and business model innovations can make a meaningful impact on global energy challenges in the next 10 years. In addition to learning from our diverse expert panelists, you’ll have the opportunity to network with energy-industry professionals and learn about career and internship opportunities in a variety of fields at our showcase.
Features of the 2011 Tufts Energy Conference include:
• Two day conference with keynotes, panels and workshops covering a wide range of pressing energy debates in energy efficiency, mass transit, clean energy, shale gas and deepwater drilling.
• Energy Showcase — an educational and interactive platform intended to indulge the curiosity of all energy enthusiasts. Presentations on diverse projects and technologies developed by companies, NGOs, governmental organizations, and student research groups
• Professional Networking, career & internship recruitment opportunities
• Inaugural Energy Challenge — Tufts undergraduate and graduate students compete to win $1000 to fund energy research and action projects
• 1st Hot Rod Show — Car companies & student groups display energy-efficient autos for the public.
The Tufts Energy Conference is organized by a diverse mix of Tufts undergraduates and graduate students from the Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy, the Urban and Environmental Policy & Planning program and the School of Arts, Sciences & Engineering.
Tagged with: Events
Archives by Date
TagsApplication Application Boot Camp Boston Boston Marathon Business competitions Career CIERP Classes Class of 2008 Coffee Hours Commencement Community Conferences Consult Christine Cool stuff! deadlines Dear Ariel decisions Diane Early Notification Essays Events Faculty Spotlight First-Year Alumni Five-Year Updates Fletcher Forum GRE Hall of Flags Internships Interviews Language requirement Liam MIB Mirza OCS On the road Open House Outside the classroom Professors suggest Recommendations Roxanne Social List Student Stories waitlist World Peace Foundation