The summer, in students’ own blog words

Though our students may be flung across the world, we’re still able to keep up with some of their summer lives through their blogs.  Check them out!

Rachel:  I am blogging about development-related issues from my internship location (Morocco, also Middle East and North Africa), and, in August, I’ll be blogging about information technology and communications development (as well as internet access) in Cuba, where I will be doing field research.

Cleia:  I’m in Enoosaen, Kenya, working for a primary boarding school called Enkakenya Centre for Excellence, dedicated to serving the most vulnerable, underprivileged Maasai girls in the region.  The school focuses on academic excellence, female empowerment, leadership, and community development.  This internship was one of the fellowships set up through the Advocacy Project, and one of its goals is to establish a network of advocates against FGM, which is still an issue in Kenya.

Michele:  I’m a Kiva Fellow currently working with BRAC Uganda and Pearl Microfinance Ltd. in Kampala.  I am keeping a Kiva fellows blog which details my experience living in Uganda and my work in microfinance.

Margot:  I’m interning for Search for Common Ground this summer in Freetown, Sierra Leone, and I’ll be blogging on youth, peacebuilding and conflict transformation issues.

Amy:  I’m spending the summer in Belize on an Advocacy Project fellowship.  I’ve just arrived here in Punta Gorda, and I’ll be trying to get the word out about human rights and social justice campaigns of the Sarstoon Temash Institute for Indigenous Management.

Gabrielle:  As a Climate Corps Fellow, my first post for Vault.com about implementing sustainability at EBay will go up on July 13.