Exploring India and Reconnecting: My Recruitment Journey

In late August, I embarked on an exciting journey during a recruitment trip in collaboration with Quacquarelli Symonds (QS). It marked a significant milestone as it was our first international recruitment trip since the pandemic disrupted our plans. Join me as I take you through this incredible experience, from the vibrant cities of Mumbai, New Delhi, Hyderabad, and Bangalore, to the iconic Taj Mahal, and reconnecting with our amazing alumni!

Back on the Road: A Post-Pandemic Adventure

The COVID-19 pandemic drastically altered the way educational institutions conducted their recruitment efforts. But in August, I, along with a group of colleagues from various business schools across the country, had the privilege of hitting the road once again. Our mission: to find the brightest minds to join the Fletcher School community.

Exploring India’s Metropolises

Our journey began in the bustling metropolis of Mumbai, where we encountered a dynamic blend of tradition and modernity. The city’s energy was infectious, and we had the opportunity to attend a (warm, but very engaging!) walking tour before meeting talented individuals eager to pursue their dreams in global affairs and global business. Next, we headed to New Delhi, India’s capital and a city rich in history and culture. The meetings were stimulating, as we engaged with potential students who were passionate about making a global impact. Our trip continued to Hyderabad, a city known for its thriving technology sector. The discussions here were particularly intriguing, as we explored the intersections between technology and international relations. Finally, we arrived in Bangalore, India’s ‘Silicon Valley’, where innovation and entrepreneurship are at the forefront. The enthusiasm of the individuals I met mirrored the city’s innovative spirit.

A Glimpse of India’s Heritage: The Taj Mahal

While our primary focus was recruitment, we couldn’t resist taking a day trip to one of the world’s most iconic landmarks—the Taj Mahal. This magnificent marble masterpiece left me awestruck, a testament to the enduring beauty of India’s cultural heritage.

Reconnecting with Fletcher Alumni

One of the highlights of our trip was reconnecting with the Fletcher School’s exceptional alumni. Meeting with former students provided valuable insights into their journeys post-graduation. I was inspired by their accomplishments and how they have been contributing to the field.

What Lies Ahead

As our trip to India concluded, it left me with a renewed sense of purpose and a deeper appreciation for the diverse talents that the country has to offer. But the journey doesn’t end here. Next month, I will be heading to Tokyo, Shanghai, and Beijing, continuing our search for future students. I eagerly anticipate the adventures and connections that await in these vibrant cities.

My recruitment trip to India was a testament to the resilience and adaptability of educational institutions during challenging times. It was a privilege to witness the enthusiasm and potential of the aspiring students we met, and to experience the rich culture and history of India. With our sights set on the upcoming journey to Asia, we are excited to continue building a diverse and dynamic community at the Fletcher, nurturing the leaders of tomorrow.

PS: the food was incredible!