Forgot about my other admissions process

I’ve been so wrapped up in Fletcher admissions, that I almost forgot that my son and his friends are likely to be hearing soon about their college applications, too. (It should have been further up front in my mind, since he called me at work last Saturday to tell me he had heard good news from one school.) On Saturday, he had a few friends over for dinner. One had just heard that day from his first choice — a happy kid! One of the friends is a junior, just getting started on the whole deal, and my son and the remaining friend are still waiting to hear from a bunch of schools.

Before dinner was over, I had a call from the mother of yet another friend who wanted to know about wait lists. Her son had been offered a spot on the wait list of his first choice school and he wasn’t sure what, if anything, to do. (I’ll post some wait list advice for Fletcher applicants later this week.)

By the end of dinner, I was reminded that work has eased up, but there’s still a lot to be done at home before the undergrad application process is complete.

4 thoughts on “Forgot about my other admissions process

• March 17, 2008 at 4:31 pm

Don’t think I haven’t noticed that you haven’t talked about me on the blog since last year.

• March 17, 2008 at 11:51 am

I’d like to join in with all those already having expressed their gratitude for this blog. It has not only provided lots of helpful tips and advise, but also really helped calm my nerves while waiting for the decision. I really hope everything turns out as well for your son as it did for me!

• March 17, 2008 at 11:04 am

Thank you for the luck. Good blog entry, but next time try not to forget about your children 🙂

• March 17, 2008 at 10:12 am

Jessica –
    Just a note of thanks to everyone involved in the admissions process – the blog has been a wonderful resource. Good luck to your son – and all other applicants.
    Mark