With thanks to Dan for handing over the reins for this week, today is the final day of the PhD program’s takeover of the Admissions Blog. I thought I would leave you with a little (strictly optional) reading. I combed through a list of student and alumni articles and chose a few from different corners of the Fletcher curriculum, from international security to the environment to gender.
First, up — the students.
- In February, Zoltan Feher and Frank Sobchak were invited to contribute “Games and Simulations in Teaching International Relations,” to H-Diplo Teaching Roundtable on Games and Simulations.
- In March, Lima Ahmad published “Yet Another Lost Generation in Afghanistan,” on Medium.
- In late 2020, Arun Mohan Sukumar published a book with Penguin Press in India, Midnight’s Machines: A Political History of Technology in India.
And now, a couple of articles from PhD alumni.
- In 2020, Hassan Abbas contributed “Policing the Pandemic Worldwide: Best Practices for Law Enforcement Agencies,” to the Center for a Global Policy.
- At the end of 2019, Daniel Reifsnyder wrote “Planning for a warmer world,” for Science Magazine.
This will not be the last word from the PhD program on the Admissions Blog! It’s my mission to spread the word about the program and, whenever Dan is willing, I’ll be back, along with news of our students and alumni.