As the tents come down

Tents remain in place around campus, but Fletcher and the rest of Tufts have the yearly post-Commencement underpopulated look.  By all accounts, Sunday’s ceremony was lovely, and the weather kindly cooperated — sunny all morning, but not too hot.  The main Tufts website has photos and a short video to give you a sense of how everything looked.

Commencement, Fletcher grads

Sadly, I wasn’t able to attend Sunday’s ceremony (more on that later this week), but I was at Saturday’s Class Day event where a wonderful alumni address was given by Paulo Bilyk F’92.  Awards were then distributed, following which we heard from Dean Bosworth, who shared tales from his long career as a diplomat.  Dean Bosworth was also honored on Sunday, when he was named Dean Emeritus of the School.  Earlier in the day, Fletcher students cheered him when he conferred their degrees at the All-University phase of Commencement.

Commencement, Dean Bosworth

I ran into a few students this morning, but I think it’s fair to say that they have mostly moved on.  When the tents come down this week, even Commencement, never mind the spring semester, will seem like a distant memory.  Good luck and best wishes, Class of 2013!

(Thank you to University photographers, Kevin Ma and Emily Zilm, whose photos I borrowed.)