Introducing Laura

Laura LaverAnother introduction today, though with some added context. We’re so excited to have Laura joining our team, though she’s by no means new to Fletcher, as you’ll see.

Greetings! I’m thrilled to be joining the incredible admissions and financial aid team here at Fletcher. I’m a new addition to the team but not new to the school! For the past five and half years I’ve been leading admissions and programmatic efforts for Fletcher’s Global Master of Arts Program (GMAP), a hybrid master’s degree for mid-career and senior-level professionals. I joined the admissions team a couple weeks ago and will continue to be the point person for GMAP admissions, however now I also get the opportunity to support admissions efforts for all Fletcher degrees.

A little bit about me, for those of you I haven’t met yet: I’ve been working in higher education for over a decade. Prior to joining Fletcher I worked at Berklee College of Music, Harvard, UCLA, and Amherst College. I completed by bachelor’s degree in communication studies from Northeastern University, and my master’s degree in education (concentration in higher education and student affairs) from UCLA. I grew up in the states, however I was born in Argentina and try to go back every year to visit my family. Now I live in Woburn (about a 20-minute drive north of campus) and am enjoying the last few weeks of beautiful summer weather.

I’m looking forward to this next year and the chance to welcome our newest class of Fletcherites! Don’t hesitate to reach out and say hello 😊